Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Who likes peanuts?


Gosh where has the time gone...Welcome back to another Saturday with Rhapsody on Papers weekly post.  This week I am starting to show off the marathon of birthday card making that has kept me occupied.  Each of these are made personal for the person I am celebrating.  (i try to do this with all my cards, except for Christmas)   Let's start with the lyrics on this one...

~Recollections paper scraps
~Paper Pizazz Confetti paper
~Studio Calico Darling Dear 'Garbo' paper
~EK Stickers
~Clear plastic pop bottle strips
~Make the Cut 
~KNK Zing

On this card, I wanted something kinda cute.  I took the peanut border from Elephant Ride 2013 and reduced the size and cut it out.  The elephants are 4.75 inches tall. Next I used the fantastic Dew Drop Facial Expression set 1.  I inked up the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I didn't want the mouth or nose.  I got a q-tip and stamp cleaner solution and wiped the ink off of those areas and stamped the eyes.  Unfortunately, textured card stock doesn't stamp very nicely.  So I got out my Sakura Micron pens and colored the black areas and then with a white gel pen highlighted the eyes to make them pop!  The clear plastic strips hold the balloons and a margarita on the inside.  Here is the finished card...

The front

The inside

See the margarita???
I sure hope she likes it.  Have 3 more birthday cards to share and that will take us to the end of May.  Starting in June I have some big news to share so make sure to stay tuned!

Bright blessings, Jana






2 comments:

  1. Adorable cards, she is going to love them. Nice work on the eyes, your projects turned out great.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete