Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, October 30, 2014

It's a "40" likes on Facebook post....

Hello everyone, welcome to a Thursday post.  With Halloween coming up this Friday, I had 2 personal Dia de los Muertos cards to get out.  I have a life long love of coloring.  Did you know that many craft stores carry coloring books for adults? I didn't until this summer on an excursion to Craft Warehouse in Salem.  I picked up 3 of them, mostly for Zentangle (which I still as yet have not started).  The one I used for the card is this.


Next step is to color.  I made several copies on heavy Georgia Pacific 110# white card stock which you can find at Walmart.  I made several because I keep one for the final coloring and the others are to test colors on.  So here is what I came up with for the final and then I shrunk it down to fit on an A2 cards.


I scanned the reduced skull into MTC and did a print and cut.  (I wasn't about to hand cut this one)  Next I started the card design portion of this project.  Here is what I came up with for the official cards to send to loved ones.



This inside is the same for each cards.  I did a modified print and cut using Make the Cut (MTC) software.  

So how's that for a Monday post?  I hope to do more posting as the Christmas bazaar cards start to get finished.  

May you have special memories fill you on Dia de los Muertos!  

Bright blessings, Jana




No comments:

Post a Comment