Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Halloween floating candles




Hello everyone!  I have to show you what I have been up to.  With Halloween right around the corner, I needed to get my decorations up.  Last year I created a doozie project using files from ScrappyDew.  All these files can be bought on the website.  It was a mantel project.  Here is what I came up with.

These stored great and look fantastic!
This year I wanted to make the illusion of floating candles like in the first Harry Potter movie when the kids walk into the great hall.  I wanted to create floating candles to decorate my windows.  What to use?????  I had bought battery operated Halloween candles last year at Costco.  So how in the heck could I get them to look like they are floating???  Here is what I came up with.  

Plastic clear soap dishes from Walmart!!!

I bought 8 of these at Walmart.  I always have a fall cleaning. (getting ready for decorating for the holidays)  So I got out the window cleaning supplies and washed all the windows inside and out.  Now to the decorating.  I put one soap dish in each of my street facing windows.  Set a candle in each one.  Here are the daylight pics.

My craft room window

Living room
Close-up of living room windows

So now to see if they look good at night.  Of course, I had to wait until it got dark outside.  I don't take the best photos outside but you can see the effect.



Front room
craft room and bed room
The whole house

Now I know that it's not like the great hall.  But I think it turned out pretty snazzy.  The younger kids in the neighborhood will get a kick out of this.  Hope I have inspired you to think outside of the box this Halloween.  Until Saturday....

Bright Blessings, Jana

1 comment: