Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, February 28, 2014

Mardi Gras 2014

For the life of me, I don't know why I have a special place in my heart for Mardi Gras.  I think it goes back to being able to dress up in fabulous costumes and wear a mask.  No one knows who you are.  One of the things on my bucket list is to visit New Orleans for Mardi Gras.  But the bigger wish is to visit Venice, Italy during Carnavale.  The costumes and especially the masks just fascinate me.

This weeks project is for Mardi Gras.  Living in Oregon, we don't really celebrate in a grand style.  (living in a very small town doesn't help)  ScrappyDew has a pattern called Mardi Gras 2013 that I used this week.  Here is the link http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/81108.  My daughter and her partner bought and moved into their first home over Christmas.  She hasn't had the time to accumulate the decorations for various holidays.  So I thought I would make them a banner for the front door.  I used the Mardi Gras 2013 file and found a Fleur di lis (probably spelled it wrong) shape to make the pennants.  The paper I used was Recollections from my last trip to Michaels.  Bits and pieces of scraps and here you are:


My daughter sent me a pic of their front door with the banner:


So happy you could join me today.  My prayers for safety and warmer weather go out to all my mid west and east coast friends.  Lets start spring!

Bright blessings, Jana

2 comments:

  1. Turned out great Jana! Love the Fleur – de - lis. I like all the costumes and masks as well. Some of them are so creative and beautiful.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I am sure that your family loves this!

    ReplyDelete