Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

Welcome to my FROZEN corner of the world.  We have a total of ~14 (give or take) inches of snow and now it's freezing rain.  Where I live, the city doesn't even OWN a snow plow.  We just don't get snow and ice like this.  The last time we had a storm like this was 1968.  I am sooooooooooo ready for spring!

Happy Valentines Day to all!  I hope you spend time with a loved one.  My DH has an employee that we consider an adopted son.  He is so much more than just an employee.  So I knew I had to make him a Valentine to go along with a baked treat.  Masculine cards are just plain hard for me to make (sparkles and lace and pretty girlie colors are my area of expertise).  
This week I used the I Love You a Latte Bears file from Scrappy Dew. http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/57856  Recollections card stock for the bear, background papers are made by Crate Papers.  For the coffee beans, I used ground Folgers coffee.  Here is what I came up with.



I think that it isn't to girlie girl and he will be surprised.  Especially with a baked treat to go along with the card.  Now I made some other valentines, and they went out last week.  Here is a pic of the Valentines for 2014.

I used Tim Holtz Stamp collection "Heartfelt".  I just love the saying on the front of the card. Crate Paper and misc. ribbon helped also!

So from my snowy corner, Happy Valentines Day and very bright blessings, Jana

2 comments:

  1. OK, Blogger ate my comment, LOL

    Anyway, Love this project! Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the cards are beautiful. The bear with the coffee has got to smell wonderful.

    Happy Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete