Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Challenge #189 Easter is on it's way!

It's that time again!  I am so excited to bring you another challenge from Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. This fortnight the theme is EASTER IS ON IT'S WAY!!!  This should be a fairly easy challenge to get your linkz hooked up.  I sure hope you can play along.  Let's see who our fabulous sponsor(s) are for the next two weeks...



 Prize~3 Digital Images



Prize~2 Sets




Prize~3 Digital Stamps

Wow! These sponsor(s) are very impressive and the prizes aren't to shabby either (IMHO).  Go show some love gang!!

This week I am working with The Egg Wreath from The Cutting Cafe.  What a wonderful file.  I had a lot of fun with this file.  I hadn't done any paper piecing in a long time so this is the process I used for my creation.  Heavy picture tutorial ahead...


 I started out just coloring the eggs.  Had a light bulb
moment and decided to paper piece the eggs.

First thing I had to do was cut apart all the eggs.

Here is how I cut them apart.

I used Judikins Gold Embossing powder
for the polka dotted eggs.

I also used Ranger Perfect Medium Bullet
Embossing Pen.  This worked great to color
the dots on the eggs.

Just the process of embossing.

Here is how it turned out.

I found this little box at St. Vinnies on one of
my many trips.  It's like a treasure hunt!

The box was the perfect size to hole my
Washi Tape rolls. So I picked out 2 rolls for
each eggs.

Here is a red one.

Here is a green one.


I now have two washi tape eggs.

So far so good!

I decided to make the bunny fuzzy.  So here is the
felt scraps I dug out of my sewing stuff.

I used my beading hemp cord for
bunnies whiskers.

The bow middle is lime green glitter paper.
The actual bow is silver mirrored paper.

A little yellow felt nose, glued on whiskers and
my little bunny face is complete.

Here is the completed wreath.

Just a little closer picture.
I next decided to make a bag to put the wreath on.  I visited the freebies from Dreaming Tree Svg's. This is the link.  I used some Bazzel cardstock embossed with lighter green dots to construct the Mini Daisy Tote Bag.  So here is the final project...


I put spring paper from my stash for the
background of the wreath.

This is the beauty shot.  The eggs were made by my daughter in 4th grade.
(~some 30 years ago)
I hope you have enjoyed my picture tutorial.  Now I just have to learn how to use the video camera my girls gave me.  I just might have a video sometime in the next century!

Bright Blessings until next time,  





1 comment:

  1. Awesome egg wreath and love that you cut it apart and used Washi tape. What a brilliant idea. It went together so well and I love the different tapes.

    ReplyDelete