Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Oh the weather outside is...

Well the winter blast has came and is having an extended visit here in Oregon.  DH and I are nice and cozy and I think I have finally decided on a design from ScrappyDew to use for my Christmas Cards.  (gosh, maybe i won't be sending them in january)  The file can be found at www.scrappydew.com in the vault members area.  Now of course I had to spruce it up a bit.  For the ends of the scarf, I used some embroidery floss, and for the eyes I used some black sticky gems.  Since it is out, I used some wide Christmas wrapping ribbon down the side of the card.  All the papers are scraps and do you see it?  The dreaded glitter paper is the snowman.  (hint:  using my KNK Zing force is 135, speed 9 and 2 passes)  So here is what I have came up with.



I think that it's pretty cute.  I will make 10 cards with envelopes with this pattern.  Then there are a couple more snowmen patterns that I will use (10 in each set) to complete the total of 40 cards (a few extra to start me off for my bazaar next year).  When making batches of cards, I cut all my pieces and create an assembly line and put them together.  I cut all the envelopes in once session.  (it's just the way my mind works)

Since we don't get snow like this very often, I thought I would share a pic from outside my living room window.  It sure is pretty but tonight we are expecting a low of "0~F".  It's really cold (coldest temps in 20 years) and thank goodness for natural gas to heat with.  



So thankful that I have a warm home, loving hubby, kids and kitties, plenty of food and LOVE!  From my home to yours, have a blessed Yule!

Bright blessings, Jana


1 comment:

  1. Jana, love the color combinations of the hat and scarf. They really pop! The design is perfect for the weather we've been having lately. Tonight we are in for the same, the kids will most likely have a delay. Is winter over yet! LOL

    Stay toasty and warm!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete