Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Just skating by!

Welcome back!  I sincerely hope that your Thanksgiving holiday was perfect!  Now what to do with all the left overs?  I did something a little different this year.  I cooked a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey.  It was so much simpler.  I don't have a great track record with big birds.  As much as I keep track of the temp, my birds always come out not quite done by the bone.  So I decided that a turkey breast was the way to go.  IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!  I got it at Costco back in October.  It was Foster Farms and it was pre-brined in a herb solution.  I will get more and throw them in the freezer for later.  At least I don't have turkey for Christmas.  We do a big honking piece of Salmon.  So now on to today's post.

Last week I asked for help with cutting the danged glitter paper.  FYI, I got it to cut finally by using 125 force and 2x cuts with my Zenith Zing. (Zenith Zing is a electronic die cutting machine you can find here http://knkusa.com/.)  But, Michelle recommended that I get some DCWV glitter paper.  I did buy some but haven't cut it yet (so much for getting my Christmas cards done and out the door before 12-1-13).   Today's project is for a very special friend.  We have been friends since we were 12 (holy cow! that's over 40 years!).  She has always liked polar bears.  I have used the Ice Skating Polar Bears file from ScrappyDew's website http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/49654 .  The lyrics are:  Paper is Recollection scraps, the dang gummed glitter paper from H-E double hockey sticks, sparkles from Crystal Stickers and finally the Merry Christmas stamp is one I got somewhere, who knows.  I used my old stand-by easel card pattern. So here is my creation...


She will see it here first, but sweetie it's in the mail!  

Thanks so much for coming over today.  Next week I hope to have an outdoor Christmas project to share with you.

Bright blessings for a wonderful week, Jana

2 comments:

  1. Jana, she is going to love this. The polar bear is so cute, love all the snowflakes!

    I love cooking just the Turkey Breast, especially during the year for a Sunday dinner. No clean-up. :)


    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete