Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Not so Haunted House and a suprise!

Hello and welcome to week 4 of the DOOZIE of a project.  Just a little background before I show you my project for this week.  I am very lucky to live in a city that has an abundance of historical homes.  We have Italianate, Victorian, Bungalow and Sears.  They have all been painstakingly painted to represent the colors of the era they were built.  So when it was time for this weeks project, I couldn't just make a black haunted house.  NOOOOO, I wanted a painted lady.  The roof is embossed card stock and all the other colors are Recollections scraps.  Here is the link to the ScrappyDew file called Happy Hauntings.  http://www.scrappydew.com/store/?products.  Without further ado, here is my haunted house.


Well, next week is Labor Day!  On Saturday I will show you how all these projects look when placed together.  

Just a little side note, my city has a hot air balloon festival each year.  This year I decided that I didn't want to get up at 5:30am and go to the field where the balloons launch.  (yes, I want to sleep in my old age)  You will not believe what happened.  At 8:01am I wake up to the sound that only a balloon makes.  I was thinking that they must just be going over the house like usual.  Nooooooooo!  A beautiful balloon had lost the wind and was landing in my DRIVEWAY!  So the balloon came to me this year instead.  The pilot gave teathered rides to all the neighborhood children.  It was a spontaneous block party!  A wonderful time commenced and the pilot and crew brought the balloon down on a tarp covered street.  Wow what an adventure.  Here is a couple of photos.....

The balloon is just touching down!



Ahhhhh, a safe landing!

So my Saturday is a total sucess!  I hope you will join me next week to see the finale of the DOOZIE of a project!

Bright blessings, Jana

2 comments:

  1. Jana, love this new addition to the Doozie project! It's going to be awesome when it's all finished.

    The surprise, how cool!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader an Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more wonderful cut outs! It will be exciting to see them all put together.
    I cannot believe that hot air balloon landed so close to you! What a wonderful surprise!
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete