Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Angel Bears and blankets

Right off the bat, I am going to warn you to grab a couple of kleenex.  

Hello and welcome to another Saturday with Rhapsody on Paper.  This week I needed two tags for two baby blankets that my daughter-in-law Heather and myself created.  I will tell you more about that in a minute.  The lyrics for the tags first...

~ ScrappyDew file Angel Bears 2015
     View #3
~Recollections papers
~Neenah Metallic card stock
~Silver Bullet Pro 24" cutter
~Sure Cuts A Lot V4
~1 foot (divided) of pretty ribbon 1/4 inch

The tags are very easy to make.  I used a little yellow chalk to give definition between the wings and the little gown on the bear.  The metallic white made each tag stand out.  On the back I used cream metallic cardstock and foiled using my wonderful Foil Master + Foil the saying Memories are Love.

Here is how they turned out.

The front of the tag.  It measures 6".  Can be used
as a Christmas ornament with the ribbon that is
 attached to the back.

This is the back.
Now for the blankets.  (this would be a really good time to grab your tissues)  Kat James runs a group on Facebook called Yarnal Knowledge.  She is a good friend of my DIL Heather.  This is the post that she sent out on April 21, 2015.....

     CALLING ALL YARNERS...Time for some seriousness for a cause. My sister is on the bereavement committee at her local hospital in Kentucky. She is putting together packages to be given to parents lose their babies. At Providence St. Vincent's they wrap the babies who don't make it in all-white handmade blankets. For most parents this is the one and only keepsake they have from their wee little one's too short life. I would like to send at least 20 of these to my sister to jump start this program at her local hospital. She is having a fundraising event in October and I'd love to send them to her for this. **Who will volunteer to make 1 or more blankets?**  

Heather volunteered and on our shopping day (in the middle of Walmart) told be about this and I broke down crying.  I had never even thought about this and I know that it happens all the time.

So here is Heathers blanket.  This is the first project she has ever made using Crochet.  I AM SO DANGED PROUD OF HER!!!!!

The blanket used  2 big balls of Bernat Baby Yarn in a bulky, chenille type.

The stitches are perfect!

Her blanket with the tag.
I do know how to crochet.  I've made a couple of blankets for Heather and my daughter. But I personally have never followed a pattern step by step.  But I conquered it!  Here is my blanket based on the PBS show "Call the Midwife".  Here is the link to the pattern Call the midwife crocheted blanket.

Love how this turned out.  I used a huge skein of Lion brand
pound of love White baby yarn.

Tag front

Tag back

So that is myself and Heathers project for the week.  If you would like to do something like this for your local community hospital, I would recommend getting in touch with the bereavement committee or maybe the ladies auxiliary.  

Now for next week, I have a birthday card or maybe a back to school for a young man card.  Either one, I promise won't make you cry. 

Bright blessings, Jana


2 comments:

  1. Jana, both yours and Heather's blankets are beautiful! It just makes me sad that there is a need for them. :(

    The Angel Bears file was perfect for this project.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. O MY gosh U made me cry My sisters baby died and we almost all died they had nothing LIKE this where we live she did cut some of Cori's hair and kept that!! This is just priceless and that make me Loves you more You and HEAther are just to SUPER for words!!!

    ReplyDelete