Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Da Boat!

Is it just me or does Saturday just roll around faster each week.  Hello and welcome to another edition of my blog.  So glad you have time to visit.

My darling husbands birthday was Wednesday.  So each birthday I try to create a fabulous card just for him (he is my biggest supporter and critic).  So this year I wanted to showcase his baby.  A 28 foot Tollycraft boat.  The boat hasn't been in the water in over 5+ years.  DH has been slowly but surely completely overhauling everything from the engine and electrical to the curtains (that was my job).  I really hope that come late fall, we just might be able to put the boat in at Newport, Oregon for some crab and salmon.  But just in case, I went ahead and floated his boat sooner!

First, the lyrics:

Recollections paper throughout.  DCWV Glitter stack.  I used ScrappyDew's Under the Sea Palz2, and ScrappyDew's Pirate Palz 2011 which can be found in the vault.

So here is what I came up with...
I call this card "Seas the day!"
                         
A closer view



He LOVED this card.  He even took it to our shop to show it off.  BTW, did you notice the boat and lighthouse?  I watched a tutorial created by ScrappyDew on how to do a pixel trace and then create a print and cut. If you are on google+ come on over to The Cut Zone.  It is a wonderful group and we share projects using all sorts of cutters and programs.  Now my 1st attempt at this type of pixel trace is rather rough.  But with practice, I be I can get spot on!

Soooooo darned happy you stopped by!  Leave some love, comments are really welcomed.

Bright Blessings, Jana







1 comment:

  1. Jana, love the Nautical theme. I bet his was ecstatic with this card. Another awesome project!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete