Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My new passion!

Don't get me wrong, I will still be posting all of my ScrappyDew Design Team posts.  But this is something new.

For a belated Christmas present, DH bought me the entire set plus holder of the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  You know me, this constituted re-design of the area I wanted to use my fancy new markers.  Here is the new coloring area...

Here is the link for the oak tool chests
http://www.grizzly.com/products/8-Drawer-Storage-Cabinet/H7994

At first I had a problem with finding the correct paper to use.  Solved that with a Pen Sketcher's tablet from Bee Paper Company.  Works great.  I chose am image from a Creative Haven coloring book called Steampunk Designs.  (i just love quirky images) Photocopied the image onto the paper and I am ready to start.  

This is the book I used

What I selected to color

Next was to just jump in and color.  There is a bit of a learning curve.  These markers are fabulous (i also purchased the instructional dvd's and there are a TON of video's over on youtube)  I have a complete list of all the colors used on each area if you would like.  (dang list is tooo long to put on the blog)  So here is the completed picture. (only took 2 long weeks)


Now I had a very specific reason to color this picture.  Daughter #3's birthday is coming up. I think that this is going to make a fabulous birthday card (i'm a card maker through and through)  So bingo bango here is what I created...
front view

Inside

envelope Graphic 45 Pumpkin power

additional card (might as well make 2)

envelope Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells 
So for my first project using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, how did i do?  I have an awful lot to learn but I am pretty pleased with the end result.  Like what you see, then follow me here on blogspot and give me a like on Facebook and over on Google+.  See you on Saturday for another ScrappyDew design team post where I will wrap this project up and tie it with a bow!

Bright blessings, Jana


1 comment:

  1. I love steampunk and I have been debating whether to get the spectrum noir or copic markers. I have heard a few bad reviews but mostly great reviews of the noir's, they are so much more reasonable than the copic! I think I will be investing in them! Your card is beautiful! You do beautiful work!I need to find this book too!

    ReplyDelete