Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Red is the season

Gosh isn't it amazing how fast a week goes.  Time just speeds by.  It was just a month ago I was finishing up Christmas cards.  Now I am working on Valentines Day.  Hummmmm, maybe if I start working on Easter themed cards I could get ahead of the calendar...

Today I have a Valentine that I made for my DH Bob.  Of course I had to tell him that it was for a cute couple in Canada.  I have to be sneaky like that because I bounce ideas off him and show him the results. I just love this pattern called Hoots in Love 2012. http://shop.scrappydew.com/shop/item/50459  Isn't this adorable.  I just love easel cards and this was a fun one to make. So here is the finished card. 

What do you think?




Now I can't take credit for the design of the card base.  I found this design on a website that I have been following for a couple of years. Birdscards.com http://www.birdscards.com/page/2/ is where you can find the easel card shaped like a heart.  Bird has wonderful designs so head on over and take a look. The saying is a stamp I picked up at a garage sale a couple of years ago.  I love a good treasure hunt and a good bargain.  The envelope paper is K & Co.  I wanted to make the heart stand out a little more so I backed it with white glitter paper and the easel stop are 3 heart jewels I have had forever.  

Well that is it for this week.  Next weekend I will show you what I have been making for a very dear sister of my heart for her birthday. (just gotta be careful and say it's for someone else)  

Have a wonderful week and see you next Saturday!!!

Bright Blessings, Jana

1 comment:

  1. Jana, I love easel cards also. There is that WOW factor for the person receiving them. Bob, is going to be so surprised! Another awesome project!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and FB ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete