Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Welcome Home!

Greeting and salutations!  So happy that you could stop by.  I have a new project that I want to share with you.  The lovely lady that started my path to card making recently purchased a new home and I wanted to send her a little something.  I had noticed that ScrappyDew had a file called Spring had Sprung 2013 and thought that I might be able to design a new home card from this.  Here is the link:
Spring Had Sprung 2013

So I dived into all my scraps and you know, that is one thing I love about all the ScrappyDew patterns.  You can use whatever you have on hand.  If you are a paper crafter, I imagine that you have scraps of paper everywhere.  Me being a little bit OCD (overly clean/organized disorder) I have my scraps sorted by color and size.  So I just dive into those scraps and this is what happens...


Like I said the paper is scraps but good Michaels Recollections scraps.  I had a beautiful sun rubber stamp that I used for the face on the sun.  Put a foam square behind the little blue bird and went into the basic shapes for a tag in Make The Cut (MTC) for the for sale sign.  Everything was cut with my Zenith Zing.  So there is the front, let me show you the inside...


Isn't this just the bees knees!  It turned out so perfect!  I love the Welcome Home banner that I put in the tree.  And that little bird flying, looks like a little kid waiting to get into trouble!  I will write a little note on the left hand side.   Now for the envelope...


I had gotten this little bird stamp from HOTP last year.  Would you believe how great it matches!  The paper for the envelope is Graphic45 A Proper Gentlemen Collection.  Now I can put this all together and send it out this afternoon.  I also hope to purchase some vinyl and make a 12x12 ceramic tile with a beautiful monogram of the families last name as a proper present.  I will be sure to post that!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your coffee/tea break with me today.  I have 5 birthday cards to get started on for July.  July, oh my gosh, it's also time to start thinking about Halloween and Christmas cards.  So little to do, and so much time....strike that and reverse it....ya know what I mean!


Bright Blessings and if we don't see each other before hand, Happy 4th of July America!

4 comments:

  1. Jana, this is a perfect card for someone just purchasing a new home!! I just love the banner in the tree, great touch. Another wonderful project!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Amazing! Cleaver! I love your choice of colours and the birds are so happy and fun! I know they will feel like they are truly home when they see this darling card! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete