Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, September 19, 2015

A couple of Happy Campers

Happy Saturday!  It's beautiful weather here in Oregon.  Big news, we got almost 1.5 inches of rain in the past couple of days.  Thank the heavens.  It greatly reduced the wild fire risk.

This weeks card is for two special people.  My lil sis of my heart Lisa and her husband Clint.  These two are outdoor enthusiasts.  They have a trailer/camper that they just finished a very long vacation in the Algonquin region of Canada.  Their anniversary is this week and I thought (tongue in cheek) I would make them a Happy Camper card.  But first the lyrics...

~ScrappyDew File called Happy Camper
   Elements #8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
~Neenah Metallic Cardstock
~Recollections card stock
~My Silver Bullet Pro 24" cutter
~Sure Cuts A Lot V4
~Pop Dots
~and the normal tools I forget to list.

For some reason I have been in a mood to make shape cards.  It started with the Little Big Head card and now I have used the same technique with the Camper.  I duplicated the camper shape and then welded the two together to create the card base.  From there is was all about decorating.  I have to say it really turned out sweet.  Here you go...

Here is the front

Opened (I thought the bear was clever)

Here is the inside

A bit closer look at the inside.
I have heard back from Lisa that Clint had a fit about the camper.  So my work was successful.  It brings me a lot of joy when people enjoy my cards.  Even better when it's a surprise.

So for next week I have another birthday card to share and then it's the 3rd Annual DOOZIE project for 2015.  All I can say is it's gonna be a doozie.....

Bright blessings, Jana

4 comments:

  1. Jana, you did spectacular work on this fabulous card. Your friends are going to all in love with it. Love, love, love those cutie patootie campers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, thank you so much for the comment. I finally figured out how to fix my blog so that my comments show up again.

    Thanks for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?! Awesome idea, they're going to love it. Wait until they see the inside. :)

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. O MY gosh U always Blow me away O MY GOSH!!!

    ReplyDelete