Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, July 4, 2015

There is a new superhero around.....

Is it a bird?  Is it a plane?  Who remembers those famous words?  Saturday morning cartoons featuring the Super Hero's?  Yes I am dating myself but I still watch the old cartoons if I have a chance.

It's Saturday and it's a very special Saturday at that.  Happy Independence Day.  Celebrating our freedoms.  IMHO there is NO greater place to live than in the United States of America!

Today is also the day of my posting this weeks project.  Today let me introduce you to a new superhero that I have created (she will be showing up occasionally).  Her name is...

Super Crafty Girl
She always carries a glue bottle and has her trusty scissors on her utility belt.  She has the power to help you create perfect projects!  Your vinyl won't have bubbles and your foil with stick the very first run (i don't know her very well yet, so we will discover what else she can do).  So she is part of this weeks project but let's do the lyrics first...

   No open toes, Hair=Michelle, outfit=girl costume #2, Accessories=Tiara #2, scissors and    Glue bottle
~Color Bok Pattern Pak Pastels
~Deja Views My Story Fresh Verse Vellum
~Recollections 12 x 12
~Fonts Ampersand and Black Jack Regular
~And a whole lot of other stuff that I use all the time and forget to mention

This was the first true test of my new Foil Master that my bestie Michelle sent me.  The previous blog post show the machine and some of the hits and misses.  So I thought I had the foil figured out.  The foil from That's Scrap is so much superior to that of 'other' brands out there.  But Joanns had all the Heidi Swapp Minc products on clearance (hmmm).  I couldn't pass it up.  So I am using the Minc foil also.  

Cut and put together Super Crafty Girl and started on the backgrounds.  Over at SheryK, she graciously puts together borders that if you reference the video in the lyrics, you can make a frame.  So that's what I did.  Printed the frame using my laser printer.  Then using the patio door, lined up my background paper on the printed sheet.  I think I need a light table.  Soooo much easier.  I used two colors of foil.  The purple is That's Scrap and the mint green is MINC.  One pass with the purple and 4 with the MINC at the highest setting on the Foil Master.  Then it was just putting the card together.  Easy Peasy.

So here are my final results.

The front 

The inside

Close up of the two different colors of foil

The back

So that is what I came up with.  3rd times the charm because this card kicked my butt the first 2 times.  I just have to say it looks wonderful.  If you have questions about anything ask away.

This month over in Facebook land, ScrappyDew is celebrating CHRISTMAS in July.  So I may have a Christmas card bundle to share.

Have a very safe and happy 4th of July.  Bright blessings, Jana









1 comment:

  1. Great project, maybe she'll help you assemble all those Christmas cards you need to create. :)

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete