Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, March 7, 2014

Bucket List Scrapbook

Hey there!  Great to have you back.

A while ago, I unexpectedly crossed off one item on my bucket list.  I had saved all the items I acquired doing this and had them sitting on my to do shelf.  I was trying to come up with a way to display those items and it HITS me over the head.  I could do a scrapbook specifically for bucket list adventures.  Now my bucket list is kinda quirky.  (so I guess that I am quirky too)  One adventure is to try Escargot.  (in Paris of course)  Another is a hot air ballon ride (maybe this summer, as we have a weekend festival filled with balloons)  But this adventure literally surprised the heck out of me.  It was at my local grocery store.

Growing up, I never had the opportunity to do this.  They basically traveled to large metropolitan areas and we are just a small town.  In October 2013, my grocery store had just finished remodeling.  This was the re-opening weekend.  My daughter took me to look at the store and get the grocery specials.  We checked out and for some reason went out a different exit than normal.  

Low and behold there it was.  Gleaming and shiny, red and orange. 
 I GOT TO VISIT THE 
OSCAR MAYER WIENER-MOBILE!!!!!!!

I was shocked to say the least and I am sure I embarrassed my 30+ year old daughter.  (it's the wiener-mobile, look look, it's really here!)  I was sooooo excited.  We got a tour from the hotdogger, a stack of stickers, a coloring sheet and a post card.  Then the big moment came.  (let me set the scene, mom and daughter 30+ and 50+ respectively standing in front of the wiener-mobile)  We started belting out the Oscar Meyer song.  When finished, we both received a cherished red wiener whistle.  One of the happiest days of my life.

So on to todays project.  I am a vault member over at ScrappyDew.  In the vault is a file called "What's Up Dog?"  It has mustard, ketchup and hotdog figures.  Here is the link of sample projects completed with vault patterns.  

These figures fit perfectly with all the items from the Wiener-Mobile moment.  So I arranged everything to my liking and here is what I came up with.



For a card maker, I think my attempt at scrapbooking turned out pretty good. I typed the words for the song from the Wiener-mobile blog. (i remember the song differently)  I used the caption balloon, added the typed song and did a print a cut using MTC (Make the Cut) software.  The background paper is by ekSucess and is called Around the World Road Signs.  The figures were made using Recollection cardstock.  The pocket I hand made and put some patterned green washi tape around the edges. Now I just need to go find a 12x12 scrapbook and the plastic protectors and I will be ready for my next bucket list adventure.

Thanks so much for coming along on this episode.  Hope everyone is thawing out finally.  Shorts and short sleeved shirt for me and 70 degrees.

Bright Blessings and see you next week!  Jana


4 comments:

  1. Jana, I wish I could have seen you sing the song! :) So great you got to experience this. Your pages look great!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! This is a great story!! Love your pages and I LOVE your idea of doing a "Bucket List" album!!! :)
    ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo funny! Just about 2 weeks ago I saw one too! I got pics while driving down the road. lol Had no idea how to do the pages and you got the weiner rolling! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, ladies you warm my little heart with the wonderful comments! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete