Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Challenge #115 Anything but a card!

Hello my crafty friends.  Today I have a project for the challenge 'Anything but a card' .  That's the theme for this week.  But before we begins, here are our fabulous sponsors for this weeks challenge.


 KennyK-Stamps-BADGE-IRockWITH-green 
Prize:  3 Digital Images

"Stamp designer Elena Kiernan and illustrator hubby Kenny Kiernan bring a perfect storm of creative energy to the bold and fun digi stamps and clear stamp sets at this rockin’ shop, where it’s always 30% OFF your first purchase with code MYFIRSTPURCHASE. Their hundreds of fun-to-color designs include everything from kids’ to teenage girls with attitudeskateboard boys, steampunkmensportssuperheroesmusic… and for those who enjoy a little spice in their crafting, KennyK Stamps is the #1 Shop in the World for Sexy Stamps!  Rock Your Crafts with KennyK Stamps!  Click to follow KennyK Stamps on Facebook and also join their awesome new Facebook Fan Group, “Club KennyK!


Get your Wink Wink Blinkie! 
Prize:  $15 Dollar Gift Certificate


  
Prize:  3 Digital Images

Friends, I have to warn you that this post is picture heavy.  Rather than try to explain how I created this, I am just going to show you.  So here we go!

This is a plastic divider page.  I got a package of 8 for a buck.

This is a template for my planner hole placement

The DCWV Star Dust Stack

I cut the divider to 7x9 and used the template to and a hole punch to get the placement just right. 



My planner I got for Christmas at Costco

As you can see, this week isn't even started.

I also wanted to make some cute paper clips

The stamps I used for paper clips

I am using the Little Green Man from Wink Wink Ink.  The Little green man is 1 1/2 tall here

Little green man is 8 1/2 inches tall
Using my KNK Zing, I scanned in my 2 stamp images.  I re-sized them.  Then with my trusty MTC program, I printed them on my Samsung Lazer Printer so I could use my Foilmaster and foil the images.
Lazer Printer

These are the foiled stamped images.  Using MTC and my Zing I was able to print and cut the images after they were foiled.  Such a great program and cutter.

Cut images.  The silver quote reads, Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss you'll land among the stars.

I cut the DCWV Star Dust to 7x9
1 piece for front and back

Finishing the paper clips

I had mirrored the images so that I would have front and backs that fit together
Just a closer look

Closer look

I wanted my Little Green Man's head to act like a tab when turning the page

So here is my divider page placed in my planner


With the paper clips


   
Close up look at finished paper clips.
That is it for my divider page for my planner project.  Hope this inspires you to try something different.

On Saturday I am being mom-napped by my wonderful daughters for a small shopping trip to the big city.  Hope to come home inspired with some new crafting goodies.

Have your best week ever!  Bright Blessings, 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your project is outstanding. I love how you cleverly created the paper clip topper. Oh Yeah, I am in LOVE with your too, too awesome green guy alien. Another fantastic project created by a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete