Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Rest in peace dear Sammie

Hi everyone.  Todays post is kinda sad.  My fellow ScrappyDew design team member Mary, gently helped her precious kitty Sammie cross the rainbow bridge last weekend.  Sammie was the coolest cat.  Mary could dress her up in baby clothes and would post pictures on Facebook.  When anyone looses a fur baby it is extremely hard.  So I thought I would make a sympathy card to send.  But first the lyrics...

~ScrappyDew Vault files Kitty Palz and Little Angels 2012
~Provo-Craft paper collection "Paw-sitive thinking" by Kristen Cook
~Cuttle bug and embossing folder swiss dots
~Recollections paper
~Fresco chalk ink pads
~Michaels Vellum sheets
~Aqua Stickles
~Momenta metal stickers/charms
~Ribbon (older than dirt)
~Silver Bullet Pro 24" cutter
~Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) V4.044
~and all the various items not including the kitchen sink (but I use that too)

Since I wanted to make the kitty look like Sammie, I got my ink pads out and my stippling brushes from way back.  Sammie was a Calico.  So this is how I inked the face and body.

It looks good!

I used black and golden brown.
Next I took a chance and printed my sentiment on an overhead projector transparency sheet.  I figured if it could withstand the heat of an over projecter then it probably would foil perfectly.  It did!
I found this verse on SCS site.
So here is the finished card.  So glad this went together so well.
The wings have aqua stickles.  The little charms move.

I will write something and send it off.

The envelope and the back of the card.

Now the next post will be April 16th.  I have some orders for MISTI carrying cases to get made and sent out (see the previous post).  So see ya later.  Bright blessings, Jana



4 comments:

  1. So sad, but she is going to love this card.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete