Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Being Neighborly!!!

It's Saturday and I have a bit of Jana wisdom to pass on to you.  I learned long ago to forge relationships with the neighbors around your home.  It doesn't have to be chummy chummy.  But you do HAVE to make the effort.  My immediate neighbors have helped Bob and I move furniture into the house for an example.  I have helped by watching a little guy while the parents were dealing with cutting trees down in the backyard.  Simple little things that when a crisis hits we know we can count on each other (since I live in the area where the big earthquake/tsunami is expected to hit soon this is crucial).  So my neighbor directly across the street's birthday is today, I made him a kinda silly birthday card.  Here are the lyrics...

~ScrappyDew's file Scooter Time 
     View #1, 4, 5, 6 & 7
~Paper Pizazz "Road Trip" background paper
~Silver bullet Pro 24" Cutter
~Samsung Lazer Printer
~The Incredible Foil Master Machine
~Sure Cuts A Lot V4
~DCWV Glitter paper
~Tonic Scissors, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, Prismacolor Colored Pencils, 3M spray adhesive, Tweezerman Needle Nose Tweezers, Dritz Quilting 18" see through ruler and a stamp I have had forever.

I wanted a border to surround the birthday message.  This was so easy to do in SCAL.  I duplicated the scooter outline several times.  Next I started welding them together one by one.  I made one side then duplicated this 3 more times.  Then I welded each side to make a large square.  This way I could make the border any size that I needed.  Cut the words out of various papers and glitter and stuck them together.  I put accent marks on my finished boy on the scooter to give a bit of detail.  Here is how it turned out...

My neighbor attends Oregon State University.
He also rides his motorcycle during the
nice fall weather.

See the border that I created.  It did turn out
nice.  I printed it out with the lazer printer
and foiled it blue using the Foil Master.

The back with the caption from a stamp
I have had forever!
That's all for now.  See you back here next week for a girly girl birthday card.  Oh, be sure to catch me in Facebook land during the week to see what I am up to.

Bright blessings, Jana



2 comments:

  1. I love this, your paper selection is perfect. Too cute!! Great caption, another awesome project.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! Your comments always make my day. (I haven't been able to post comments to comments because I had 3rd party cookies blocked. Hopefully this will work)

    ReplyDelete