Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The start of graduation season

I always thought that graduation season was May and June.  But silly me, you can graduate any time of the year.  Our neighbors daughter graduated from school with a degree as a dental hygienist.  It was a grueling 4 years but she made it with flying colors and is now completing her state boards.

A few months ago, ScrappyDew came out with an expansion pack called Community for the fantastic program Scrap Factory!  Gang if you don't have this program, you don't know what you are missing.  You can create your very own svg figures and some have accessories!  I knew that the community pack had a Dentist and that is where I started. Here are the lyrics...

~Scrap Factory Community Dentist
~Scrap Factory accessories toothbrush
~Recollections card stock
~DCWV Glitter stack
~Envelope Canvas Corp. Lavender and Ivory Swirl

I separated a tooth off the dentist coat.  I duplicated it in the Make the Cut software and then welded the teeth to each side of a 5.75 square.  Cut this out and backed it with white DCWV glitter paper.  Made a terrific frame.  The rest of the card is pretty normal.

Front
Now on the inside of the card I took the toothbrush and added the letters congratulations.  I made each letter and then welded it to the toothbrush using MTC software.

Pretty nifty huh!
I decorated the back and the card is complete.  Even the envelope matches the color scheme.
the back
I heard from her mother and she really enjoyed the card.  Isn't that what crafting is all about?  Bringing some joy into a persons life.  So go and make some joy this week!  Until next week...

Bright blessings, Jana








No comments:

Post a Comment