Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, May 10, 2013

I love office supplies

There I said it.  Scissors, paper, pens, markers the whole lot.  I absolutely love office supplies.  I was the little kid who got  excited for 'back to school' shopping.  The smell of a brand spanking new box of crayons is right up there with the smell of a brand new book.  To this day, I will wander the aisle of office/school supplies looking for exciting new items.  So it's no wonder that the LOVE of paper in all it's various textures and prints absolutely captivates me.  As my daughters have learned, make sure you have plenty of extra time on your hands when you take mom to the craft store.  I will be in crafty nirvana for hours. 

When I was just starting out paper crafting, I had some paper that came in the great big totes with all the other supplies.  But I needed to flush out my new collection.  So a trip to Joann Fabric was in order.  I picked up a bunch of single sheets of cardstock and some beautiful paper.  And then I saw it.....Wholly Cow!  A big book of 12x12 sheets of paper by DCWV.  MY HOLY GRAIL!!!  Halloween/Autumn all in a single book.  Excited is beyond what I was feeling.  Grabbing up my treasures, I head home with visions of the cards I can create for all my friends and family. 

By now my stash of supplies is growing like weeds.  Those 3 totes are full and I have commandeered the closet in my dear husbands area that was his office.  (of course I took it over a long time ago with my vintage singer 503A machine but he just doesn't know it yet) To get at various items, I needed to move other stuff.  Being a little OCD with my organizational skills this is driving me crazy.

There has to be a way to organize all my supplies and keep the price down doing it. (went a little overboard on all the pretty paper and markers)  One day on a COSTCO run, I found the most wonderful 12x12 plastic project boxes in a 5 pack made by Creative Options.  I put my beautiful paper in these.  But I still wasn't organized.  I wanted stuff off the floor and out where I did not have to dig to find something.   Think, Think, Think.....   My husband, gotta love him, came up with the perfect solution.  Back to COSTCO a few weeks later for more project boxes and this was his solution.

The closet is perfect for me.  All my pretty boxes are labeled and I can grab something and not have to dig for it.  Here are a few more pictures of my STUDIO. (giggle giggle I sound so artsy fartsy)



This is my studio.  I create and escape into my own little world here.  Now you can join me on my adventures with Rhapsody on Paper.  Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers Days.  Bright Blessings, Jana


9 comments:

  1. LOL! Staples is my favorite store, too! Welcome to the blogosphere. Your post is very entertaining. I will be checking back for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Elizabeth, thanks so much for taking a look. I have admired your work for a long time. Your comment means the world to me. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. How fun.....sounds like so many crafters that I know....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creative space Jana! I know you're going to love sharing your creations with literally THE WORLD! Enjoy!
    Blessings,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sneaking in from MTC..Love your space! Between my quilting supplies and now a newfound love of paper, I'm going to drown in my own house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany,
      I also quilt. My sewing supplies are stored in another closet. hee hee

      Delete
  5. You have a wonderful space Jana. I so enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sis!!! And to think I got to be there in person! I love your space, it is wonderful place to let your imagination run wild. XOOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new blog Jana....they're lots of fun once you get the hang of them :) Your space looks fantastic! I love a well organised space lol must have a bit of OCD in me too :)

    ReplyDelete